I/ The system safety management and occupational health is based on the following philosophy:
- All personal accidents are preventable.
- Everyone has the responsibility to prevent accidents at their workplace.
- To ensure the implementation of safety and avoid dangerous situations, the training is needed.
- Workplace safety is advantageous for everyone.
- For safety, there is a clear link between effort and results.
II/ Benefits of occupational health and safety management system are:
- Protecting employers from bad effects and accident of workplace, providing of comfortable and safety work environment.
- Increasing of employee motivation and attending of employee.
- Decreasing of work and work power losing because of work accident and occupational diseases, increasing of work productivity and expenses are decreased.
- Taking with preventions in work environment, providing of operation safety with removing of fire, explosion, out of machines etc. which can give dangers for company.
- Increasing of work performance.
- Providing of advantages against rivals.
- Determining of sensitive about organization occupational safety, in front of formal places.
The OHSAS 18001 model
The set of OHSAS 18000 standards consists of 2 standards:
- OHSAS 18001: Occupational health & Safety management system – Requirements
- OHSAS 18002: Occupational health & Safety management system –An implementation guide.